Patricia is a native of Orlando, a product of the Orange County Public School system and a recipient of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida.
She is the youngest of four siblings and the first to obtain a college education. Patricia was raised by a single mother (late Lucy Rumph) who demonstrated positive morals, a hard work ethic, and the respect of prioritized education.
Patricia believes these values have followed her throughout her career with the Florida Department of Corrections.
Since 1987, Patricia has maintained a distinguished public servant career with the State of Florida Department of Corrections, to include positions in Human Resource Management, Fiscal Management and Probation.
With this diversified career Patricia has been able to focus her skills in recruitment and budget management, organizational leadership, and public safety.
Prior to her career with corrections department, Patricia worked at the Kennedy Space Center Shuttle Program in administration.
She is the mother of four amazing children - Derrick, Tisha, Alton and Banti; and two wonderful granddaughters.
Awards and Recognition:
- 2016 Distinguished Service Award from the Florida Council on Crime and Delinquency, which consists of professionals in law enforcement, the courts, Corrections, Probation and Parole, Juvenile Justice and Interested Citizens recognizing her commitment to outstanding community service.
- March 2008 Orlando Sentinel “Model Mentor” recognition – featured article for Children’s Home Society entitled “Model mentor helps kids with parent in prison.”
- 2002 Outstanding Volunteer of the Year – Orange County Jail Ministry
- Children Home Society, Mentor, 2007 - 2009
- Foundation for Orange County Public Schools, Mentor, 2004 - 2005
- Jobs Partnership of Florida, Mentor, 2000, 2012
- Mayor’s Safe Orlando Task Force, 2007
- Orange County Affordable Housing Advisory Board, 2008 – 2014
- Orange County Children & Family Services Board, 2002 - 2004
- Orange County Citizen Review Panel for Human Services, 2007 - 2011
- Orange County Community Development Advisory Board, 2012 - 2015
- Orange County Family Self-Sufficiency Advisory Board, 2011 – 2013
- Orange County Minority/Women’s Business Enterprise Advisory Board, 2013-2015
- National Conference on Preventing Crimes in the Black Community
- Orange County Jail Ministry, 1996 – Present